Friday, August 07, 2009

Trivia

  • PP has finally blogged - seemingly after asking JQ for his own blog URL! and his claim "For all who found the blog to be completely arbit, as I did, please note that it was meant to be that way. Iss boring duniya main new angles nahi dhunda to kya kiya - Mynd it! " should be taken as a disclaimer by those who attempt to read it.
  • He is now being promoted to 'Ex - Bachelor' on my blog.
  • Watch 'Love Aaj Kal' - you will love it or hate it but you will definitely have an opinion - I am yet to meet someone who did not have one! Except of course people who went off to sleep within 5 minutes.
  • In the end, we see things only as we want to.....
  • Beware of the phrase 'If Only'.........
  • Imitiaz Ali is from Jamshedpur and that too from DBMS!! I never knew that!!....Jamshedpur is very very close to my heart. DBMS is a school with which I have a number of associations the least of them being that all my three cousins (my mausi's daughters - I stayed with them for my 11th -12th) studied there. The other associations are better left unmentioned. And Karim Talkies belonged to his family!! I am sure my batchmates from RIT will remember THE incident - our group of girls had a royal fight with gundas/loafers in front of that hall and quite a few demos of 'Jhansi ki Rani' were given - the best one by SS. Unfortunately, I dont remember the movie we had gone to watch. I do recall that we returned to the crime scene and triumphantly watched the movie.
  • Incidently, R. Madhavan is also from DBMS.
  • Somebody has been deleting scraps from my orkut account. I declare that I do not intend to blackmail any of my exes (or potential exes). Please leave my scraps alone. They are my jama - poonji. And if your better half has the time to go through my old scraps, then there is something missing in your relationship. I did not want to write about it here but it is happening repeatedly and my hand is being forced. Also, please identify yourself, so that I can delete any emails from you (if any still survive).
  • Speaking of surviving, I remember the diwali (was it 1999 or 2000? - I have reached that age where you get the years mixed up) I decided to kill all surviving remains of a friendship which had become utterly messed up due to mis communication on my side and mis interpretation on the other side. Not having the heart to do it myself, I asked M and A and good friends they are, they obliged by making a bonfire of all the cards (I wonder how much we used to spend on them!), letters (reams and reams of them - one letter used to be 7-8 A-4 sheets!), photos (yes, we used to have cameras with films), books (I wish I had saved them at least), random clippings saved for me, and poems (yes, in our zamana, people used to write poems.)
  • There was a whole notebook of poems - I dont remember whether I kept it or added to the pile. I hope I kept it - the poetry was pretty good and they were original! A whole notebook of original poetry is something I will never see again.
  • We had fun writing letters. I still remember the long long long letters I used to write to A, D, N, A (no prizes for guessing!). The excitement of getting the letters and the motivation of attending classes so that you could write letters uninterrupted!
  • The best part was A's letters which used to come promptly every 8th day. We used to have a 2pm Chemistry class and the prof was very very strict on punctuality and attendance. I still used to take out time to go to the Post Office on my way to class (since the postman would bring letters only in the evening) and then run all the way to reach class on time.
  • My reminiscing this way proves that now I am really old. Now I know why people write memoirs. You love to remember the incidents, and everything is so way into the past that talking about them does not matter/hurt any of the people involved so you can safely publish them.
  • Rains are considered to be romantic but this romantic!!! Read on. I will not spoil the mood by giving my take on this. I only want to draw attention to the fact that people have had varied experiences in the rains and they are their treasured memories whatever be the current state of the relationsip. I will not say more because my blog is interspersed with 'rain posts'.
  • Seems I have a penchant for 'John'. I have declared my inclination for John Corbett here, here and here. I now declare my inclination for John Abraham and his smile. I am willing to watch the idiot box for a glimpse of him smiling.
  • JQ has written some lovely lines. Let's do a collective dua that these lines come true.......for everybody......And folks, they are original. Lagta hai JQ chippad PJs maarne ke sath achche sher bhi likh leti hai.
  • Everybody around me seems to feeling that their life has become very complex. Is it me or our generation? Discussing and advising them (earning the Dr Phil tag ka laanchhan) keeps me off my problems (if they actually qualify!)
  • I need to make a confession and what better place than my blog? So, here goes.....It takes a lot for me to admit someone in my inner circle and then that person has to do some pretty heavy hurting to get out of it because I dont take offence easily. But if my limit is reached, then I can give up on a person completely. And then forgiveness does not come easily. I want to change this. The hurt quantity, if spread over, will not rock the boat; but in my case, its absence before the "Breakover Point" drastically increases its quantity later and then it becomes too heavy to forgive and forget. I want to be able to get hurt easily and then bounce back easily too. The worst part is when I don't even let the person know what happened. Does an ex-friendship really deserve this treatment? But, I maybe I am too old to change ways now.....
  • My US trip is coming closer - I am pretty excited about it. Beth has grown up a lot and I am dying to see her talk. She is pretty haughty on the phone and speaks only when in the mood. So, I am never sure whether I will get to hear the entire 'Twinkle Twinkle' or will have to do with a small 'Hello Mai'.

2 comments:

Pranab Prakash said...

Interesting!

myspace said...

if the friendship did mean anything to u at some point in life..then yes that person deserves to be told.