Sunday, May 19, 2013

F.T. #13 : Are they the same?

Over the years, since most of us move all over the place for school, college and jobs, we have friends spread across the world. All of us have faced situations where we have had to manage meeting a lot of people when we happen to be in a particular city. Sometimes, things so happen that we are not able to meet some people (sometimes we would like to but things dont work out and sometimes we just hope for an excuse to get out of the meeting). In such scenarios, I have seen people expecting a call at least and other people responding to it as a reasonable replacement/suggestion. I have never understood it. I can call a person from anywhere in the world. What is the big deal about calling a person when you are in their city? Esp if you are unable to meet them. Does it show that you are thinking of them? Does it mean that you do not think of them when you are in some other place? I would think that this kind of phone call shows that you are thinking of them only when you are in their city and forced to remember them! In addition, I always feel that calling like shows that, for whatever reason, I could not put in the extra extra effort to meet you. Is this person not worth this extra effort?

So guys, please dont call me if you are in Austin AND unable to meet me. And dont take offence if I am in your city and do not call you.

No comments: