Saturday, June 20, 2015

The Metrosexual

Scene in my household in this age where metrosexuality is the norm and fashion rather than the exception:

I text M that I will be late home as I have stopped at the salon on the way home to get my hair cut and colored. Generally, my hair is all frizzy and wild, so he is really appreciative when I come home after a couple of hours with every strand set in place. He insists on taking a couple of pics (probably because he does not know when he will see it tamed again). That done, he casually mentions that you must need to take a bath now, since you had your hair cut and all. I find that the comment a little odd but ignore it.

A couple of hours later he confirms if I have showered. Now, I am really confused - what is with all these questions about my bathing habits! I tell him (a little irritated) that yes, I have already showered and will be ready for dinner in a short while. He then asks in a shocked voice - oh you took a shower but did not wash your hair? What about all the small cut hair which must be sticking all around your neck!

I had to spend 15 min in explaining that since my hair is shoulder length, cutting it does not leave any pieces on the neck - that only happens when you trim it really close to the skin. Moreover, they shampoo your hair before setting it at the salon and all the effort and wonderful style will be wastes if I wet my hair immediately after it!

It was kind of interesting explaining the basics! It is a wonder to find guys like this still exist. On the flip side, the training curriculum just increased.

1 comment:

A said...

After reading this, I remembered yr logic for hair...remember what u used to tell us, first i had one hair, mundan karaya it became 2 and then 4 :) did u tell this to M yet?