This new year found my life changed drastically from what it had been last year.
I had welcomed 2010 by reading a book on my fav place on the sofa and then sleeping in my bedroom in Pune with the radio turned on - all now part of my longings for my old Pune life
I welcomed 2011 by standing on the Las Vegas Strip in freezing cold with thousands of other people and my husband who felt young enough to join in the countdown at the top of his voice. The only plus point was the fabulous fireworks sychronized across all Las Vegas hotels such that the Vegas sky was literally lit up - but I have a sneaking feeling that I would have gladly traded it for another day of my old life!
02/02 - I started this post a long while back but could not finish it due to other claims on my time. I feel so disconnected from my blog which symbolized my old life that writing here feels as if I am intruding upon somebody else's private thoughts. Some things might have changed but yesterday when I felt lonely, I still remembered by blog! So, I plan to pick up the some important threads of my old life and hang on to them.
Some practical updates - Post marriage, I was for a week in my sasural and it was fun wearing sarees, jewellery and just lounging about with nothing to do. I finally had the vacation I had been longing for - nothing to do, no responsibilities, no cooking, just eating and lazing around! Then I came back to Pune while Manas went back to Austin. I did not get a project in Austin so I moved to Phoenix. Here, it is fun but busy with office and the two kids. My PM is jijaji and his boss is my sister so things are pretty complex. I do not have the luxury of refusing to do work!
There is still the moral obligation of finding a project in Austin hanging over me. Marriage definitely makes life more complex but I am eagerly waiting for whatever benefits have been advertised.
Life in US is cool but I am having to go through the pain of starting all over again. Now, I realise that marrying early has its advantages. I had already set up my life in Pune with my work and home schedule, my house, my car and my ways. I have had to dismantle all of it and start from scratch. If I had married early, I wouldn't have set up the initial structure and wouldn't have to destroy it myself.
I will be writing more on it.
I had welcomed 2010 by reading a book on my fav place on the sofa and then sleeping in my bedroom in Pune with the radio turned on - all now part of my longings for my old Pune life
I welcomed 2011 by standing on the Las Vegas Strip in freezing cold with thousands of other people and my husband who felt young enough to join in the countdown at the top of his voice. The only plus point was the fabulous fireworks sychronized across all Las Vegas hotels such that the Vegas sky was literally lit up - but I have a sneaking feeling that I would have gladly traded it for another day of my old life!
02/02 - I started this post a long while back but could not finish it due to other claims on my time. I feel so disconnected from my blog which symbolized my old life that writing here feels as if I am intruding upon somebody else's private thoughts. Some things might have changed but yesterday when I felt lonely, I still remembered by blog! So, I plan to pick up the some important threads of my old life and hang on to them.
Some practical updates - Post marriage, I was for a week in my sasural and it was fun wearing sarees, jewellery and just lounging about with nothing to do. I finally had the vacation I had been longing for - nothing to do, no responsibilities, no cooking, just eating and lazing around! Then I came back to Pune while Manas went back to Austin. I did not get a project in Austin so I moved to Phoenix. Here, it is fun but busy with office and the two kids. My PM is jijaji and his boss is my sister so things are pretty complex. I do not have the luxury of refusing to do work!
There is still the moral obligation of finding a project in Austin hanging over me. Marriage definitely makes life more complex but I am eagerly waiting for whatever benefits have been advertised.
Life in US is cool but I am having to go through the pain of starting all over again. Now, I realise that marrying early has its advantages. I had already set up my life in Pune with my work and home schedule, my house, my car and my ways. I have had to dismantle all of it and start from scratch. If I had married early, I wouldn't have set up the initial structure and wouldn't have to destroy it myself.
I will be writing more on it.
No comments:
Post a Comment