I remember I used to call Beth junglee - now after seeing Simba in action, I cannot imaging how I used to think of the lovely, disciplined girl as junglee (talk about perspective)! Madam has been going to Heritage Montessori Pre School (you have to always use the full name while refering to the school - dropping even the 'Pre' is sacrilage) for more than a year now and is a budding kindergarten teacher if I go by the rules she implements in the house. You cannot raise your voice, you have to sorry right and left and in general follow all the rules she has to follow at school.
The proportion this mania of instructing has now reached is sure to become a hazard soon. At least for me. A few days back, family friends had come over to our house. They have a boy a little younger than Beth and she always feels that she is the elder sister and should be teaching him everything.
So, when this young kid called me Aunty, she corrected him saying that "yeh aunty nahi hai yeh Mayu hai" and kept on after him until the poor guy called me Mayu.
Now it seems that just like I was Rajmaata for all of London, I will end up becoming Mayu for all Phoenix kids........
The proportion this mania of instructing has now reached is sure to become a hazard soon. At least for me. A few days back, family friends had come over to our house. They have a boy a little younger than Beth and she always feels that she is the elder sister and should be teaching him everything.
So, when this young kid called me Aunty, she corrected him saying that "yeh aunty nahi hai yeh Mayu hai" and kept on after him until the poor guy called me Mayu.
Now it seems that just like I was Rajmaata for all of London, I will end up becoming Mayu for all Phoenix kids........
No comments:
Post a Comment