Saturday, November 12, 2011

Rockstar-the non review

I love the songs of Rockstar (esp Rani Hawa) and have been eagerly waiting for its release - along with half the people on Facebook. M has always bragged about how "his" Austin theater gets Hindi movies on day 1 (sometimes day 0 if the US release of the movie is a day before the India release). For once I was happy about his boast as it meant that I wouldn't have to wait to catch this much eagerly awaited movie. The theater is 30 miles from our place and not having to drive in the traffic is one of the perks of marriage.
My anticipation was so high that we started scanning the show listings from Tuesday. Unfortunately, the only Hindi movie listed for Friday was "Ra.One". I consoled myself by thinking that maybe tuesday was too early. Wednesday came but did not bring any change in the listings. Thursday witnessed a marked consumption of my iPhone battery by the Cinemark app as I kept checking the listing hoping that there would be some change. Nothing. At one point I got so desperate that I thought of calling up the theater but luckily due deference for my age restored sanity in time. Thursday dinner was very morose indeed. To make up for my disappointment, I planned a Saturday trip to a state park 3.5 hours away to see their famous fall colors.
I had given up all hope by Friday and concentrated on the mountains of work instead of checking the ever constant listing. As I was packing up to leave in the evening, I checked the app more out of habit than interest. And it now had Rockstar!!
Let's see when I am able to watch it since the trip is all set and cannot be canceled. And let's see if the movie meets expectations! Even if it does not, I loved anticipating something after a long long time.

No comments: