We were watching Golmaal all over again (yes, I have lost count). In the beginning, there is a scene where Amol Palekar reaches home late at night (after hanging out with friends) and his sister is waiting on dinner for him. When he comes in, he asks her to set the dinner and goes to wash his hands in the bathroom. He leaves the bathroom door open when he comes to the table after washing up. I immediately called this out to the audience (Manas and Kumar) - referring to how M always leaves the door to the bathroom off his study open. As I started on about how all men do this, his sister comes into the scene and goes and shuts the open door. We almost literally ROFLed because this is exactly what happens at home - everytime M leaves the door open, I go and close it.
Really, is closing doors hormonal or related to the Y chromosome?
Anyway, we have to give it to the director, picking up on such a subtle nuance. And I was amazed to observe how our perspectives change - I had never noticed this sub text in the numerous times I had watched the movie before I got married. And after I got married, and my husband started leaving bathroom doors open, this was the first thing to leap to my eye!
Really, is closing doors hormonal or related to the Y chromosome?
Anyway, we have to give it to the director, picking up on such a subtle nuance. And I was amazed to observe how our perspectives change - I had never noticed this sub text in the numerous times I had watched the movie before I got married. And after I got married, and my husband started leaving bathroom doors open, this was the first thing to leap to my eye!
1 comment:
This is so true and totally uncanny that I noticed it when I watched it last week on setmax too. ..
:-) it is the chromosomes ;-)
Post a Comment