I added love to the title just so that it would give my post a nice look and feel.....This is my tribute to the 22 (yes i counted them) marriages on 22nd nov to which I am invited and none of which I will be able to attend. God knows how many marriages are taking place on that day since I have landed invites to 22 (no pun intended with reference to the date), which would be around .00000001% of that GRAND total!
Even "SUD" is getting married on that day! How lucky 'Sud' is to be sharing his anniversary with Manghani and Shiti!
A birthday is also taking place on that day, which again, I ll not be able to attend.
Life at work has been really happening for the last couple of weeks. Its been a long time since I have been embroiled in so much politics, smooth talking, backstabbing etc etc. Till college (of course engg college) I had always been an active person in the politics (and power plays) around me (I would like to think that I have never been involved in the last two). Somehow, after college, I felt the need to change my attitude towards life. It seemed as if what I needed was a 'fresh start' which included a 'fresh approach' so that I would make 'fresh mistakes', which works fine for me - when I cannot escape making mistakes, I would at least like to have a 'fresh variety' to kick myself over.....So, I started keeping a low profile and shying away from politics. As Meenal will sarcastically say, I never could really achieve the former but I can claim full marks for the second. This full marks can actually be extended to 200% - because of which I did not join any club at MDI in my first year - there was a whole lot of politics and "networking" involved and I was not ready to let either back into my life.
So, basically that part of my brain became rusted, non functional and slow to react. So, when it all started in office, I was so overwhelmed on the first day. It was "this cannot be happening to me! Whom can I call! Who can help me!" Luckily the person I tried to reach for help was not available (yes, sometimes you do people a favor by not being there!). Not being able to reach him, I had to start thinking of trying to deal with the new stuff myself. By the second day, old feelings started stirring in my heart and thoughts and words started clamoring in my head. By the third day, I can say "the phoenix started arising from the ashes". I love making these grandiose statements! I started with giving people a small piece of mind which I do now and then. Then, I realised that I have become too direct, for anybody's comfort. Neither colleagues nor seniors are able to deal with it. I did not know when I slipped into my former avatar and today, the dam burst. I got better of a very smart aleck and that too in front a sizeable audience - when he was trying to be aggressive and I was supposedly on the back foot. I got a glimpse of the old extra(sometimes in a negative way) confident 'Deepti' who mercilessly shred this guy to pieces in his home turf and got better of the manager too. They did not even realise what hit them! I had forgotten I could direct a conversation and bring people to my point of view in this way. This was a huge contrast with the new 'Deepti' who did not give even simple presentations in MDI unless she had read up and was confident on her stuff.
It will be interesting to watch where the needle finally stops in between these two extremes (for this phase of life). Till then, for today, I will enjoy the exhileration I am feeling for having broken the fetters I myself had put on.
After all, they say, "Tomorrow is another day."
Note - The much awaited Meenal trip finally happens. Missing Archana and Ramya. Might end up missing Manju too!! (pun intended)
Note 2 - I love this note business. You don't need to think how to structure your thoughts and consequently your posts!
Even "SUD" is getting married on that day! How lucky 'Sud' is to be sharing his anniversary with Manghani and Shiti!
A birthday is also taking place on that day, which again, I ll not be able to attend.
Life at work has been really happening for the last couple of weeks. Its been a long time since I have been embroiled in so much politics, smooth talking, backstabbing etc etc. Till college (of course engg college) I had always been an active person in the politics (and power plays) around me (I would like to think that I have never been involved in the last two). Somehow, after college, I felt the need to change my attitude towards life. It seemed as if what I needed was a 'fresh start' which included a 'fresh approach' so that I would make 'fresh mistakes', which works fine for me - when I cannot escape making mistakes, I would at least like to have a 'fresh variety' to kick myself over.....So, I started keeping a low profile and shying away from politics. As Meenal will sarcastically say, I never could really achieve the former but I can claim full marks for the second. This full marks can actually be extended to 200% - because of which I did not join any club at MDI in my first year - there was a whole lot of politics and "networking" involved and I was not ready to let either back into my life.
So, basically that part of my brain became rusted, non functional and slow to react. So, when it all started in office, I was so overwhelmed on the first day. It was "this cannot be happening to me! Whom can I call! Who can help me!" Luckily the person I tried to reach for help was not available (yes, sometimes you do people a favor by not being there!). Not being able to reach him, I had to start thinking of trying to deal with the new stuff myself. By the second day, old feelings started stirring in my heart and thoughts and words started clamoring in my head. By the third day, I can say "the phoenix started arising from the ashes". I love making these grandiose statements! I started with giving people a small piece of mind which I do now and then. Then, I realised that I have become too direct, for anybody's comfort. Neither colleagues nor seniors are able to deal with it. I did not know when I slipped into my former avatar and today, the dam burst. I got better of a very smart aleck and that too in front a sizeable audience - when he was trying to be aggressive and I was supposedly on the back foot. I got a glimpse of the old extra(sometimes in a negative way) confident 'Deepti' who mercilessly shred this guy to pieces in his home turf and got better of the manager too. They did not even realise what hit them! I had forgotten I could direct a conversation and bring people to my point of view in this way. This was a huge contrast with the new 'Deepti' who did not give even simple presentations in MDI unless she had read up and was confident on her stuff.
It will be interesting to watch where the needle finally stops in between these two extremes (for this phase of life). Till then, for today, I will enjoy the exhileration I am feeling for having broken the fetters I myself had put on.
After all, they say, "Tomorrow is another day."
Note - The much awaited Meenal trip finally happens. Missing Archana and Ramya. Might end up missing Manju too!! (pun intended)
Note 2 - I love this note business. You don't need to think how to structure your thoughts and consequently your posts!
1 comment:
Pande ji... kya baat kar rahe ho yaar.. MDI mein bhi achche achchoo ko u've given a piece of your brain...
khair.. gud to hear something really mirch masala happening around...
by the way.. your thought of the day is too much fundu !!
(i tried to.. but really cant resist putting it on my gmail sts.)
Post a Comment