Friday, November 28, 2008

Bombay

It is so horrific that even time will not help us come to terms with it.....When I am not able to read reports without breaking down with grief, helplessness, frustration, what would be the situation of people present there?
The biggest question facing me (and a lot of my peers) is "WHAT AM I DOING ABOUT IT" I have always believed in taking action against smthg if I feel it is wrong - even when I am sure of failing. Thay way, at least I am able to live with my conscience, even if the final result is not favorable - after all at the end of the day what matters is the ability to live with our own selves in harmony. So, why am I not doing anything about this? If I am the concerned citizzen I believe myself to be, I should be doing something tangible, not writing posts.....
How can I "condemn" the politicians, the govt when I am not doing anything more than 'condemning'? 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Straight from the heart.. i guess most of us are feeling the same.

And i guess nothing will happen. We'll feel this way for 2 days.. after third day our selfish comforts will take over the concerned guilt. and fourth day we will just forget about all this...and life will go on as usual until someday it happens again.

the only time it will concern us forever is when it affects us personally. sadly that is how Indians react. and sadly it may be to late to do anything then..

Dips said...

Yes Janet, you are right.
When the North Indian stuff started in MH, I always felt that we were away from it all and used to laugh at dad when he lashed out at maharashtrians/asked me to move - but my opinions changed fast when I got caught in the middle of a strong crossfire. Sadly, we just had the thought of saving our skins and did not even discuss retaliation.
Somehow, I don't want it to happen this time but I know it will.