Friday, May 22, 2009

A long weekend in Paris

So after all the hullabaloo for the past month, we are finally all set to go to Paris.....And it was only a couple of weeks back that I watched the movie 'An Evening in Paris' and reminiscing about our trip.

About the movie - it was mast - Sharmila Tagore wants to look like her maid - and she goes all the trouble to procure lehenga etc.....I wonder if Paris mein indian maids waise dress up karti hongi - even in 70s! And then she gets bored with Paris and goes as a Red Cross volunteer to Swiss - and suddenly she appears in full nurse regalia!!!

About our trip - the first thing I remember is of course our mad dash (Shivi, Manghani, I) from Louvre and our very memorable party!! The second, of course, being the wind and cold at top of the Eiffel! And of course, who can forget the "Broiche Tranche"....cheers to dada!

Lets see what this trip comes up with.....

Note - I am still to update this blog with details of visits to Brighton, Thorpe Park and New Forest. Planning to do it before the Paris update.

No comments: