Friday, May 01, 2009

Happy Birthday, Beth

The little chudail turns two today. In fact she had turned two according to the time she was born in India before her day had started where she is at the moment.
I can clearly remember the bundle I was too scared to touch and just stared at reverently. I was seeing a baby (let alone a new born) for the first time in my life and I was left alone to take care of her. I was too scared of this teeny tiny thing to even spare a worry for my sister battling for life in the operation theatre.
And she still scares **** out of people around her. She can create a racket anywhere - department store, park, temple and of course home. She is quiet only at the baby sitter's (thank god for small mercies!) But I love even this behaviour - this just proves how much she is like her mausi! Although my sympathies are with her mom for having to face this whole thing twice.
We had been telling her that her bday is coming and a cake would be brought. Yesterday, her mother told her that it was Nana's bday also (my dad's bday is on 7th) and Mai (meaning me) had sent a dress for her bday. She insisted that "Nana bday No - only Adi bday" and "No Dress only cake". So much for the trouble I took to get a salwar kurta for her!!

It is a very sad day for me that I am not able to be with her to celebrate this day (okay this day is more special to me than to her -at least these few years). I will see the snaps later and find myself missing. I am just waiting to hear about her behaviour and whether she will be in a mood good enuf to allow for cake cutting. Till now she has a perfect record of being a perfect chudail on special occasions! In fact, the best behaviour till now was her last bday when she fell asleep and her Nana absolutely forbade us to wake her up to cut the cake. We had to twiddle our thumbs for 3-4 hours before her majesty deigned to get up for the ceremony.

Happy Birthday Beth! I will be there next year.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Bundle :)