Now that I have been here for sometime, I have slowly started accepting life here and my longing for my life in India has started turning from a throbbing wound to a dull ache! But I have still not been able to even start accepting the fact that I am living away from Dad. He had been the rhyme and reason of my life from quite some time now - the reason behind my everyday decision and the rhyme of our solitary life in Pune.
My dad sickness is compounded by the fact that we cannot talk on phone as his hearing is so much gone now that he cannot hear anything on the phone how much ever I shout. So, he strictly told me to stop calling him!!!(People say that children forget parents and dont call them - here parent is asking children not to call!)
Desperate for a conversation with him, I resorted to the old age means of commumication - letters. I took out quite a lot of the hard pressed to find time and penned down around 4 sheets of fool scap paper. I also put in some colouring done by Adrija and some words written by her for Nana. I escaped from office for an hour, drove 3 miles to the post office and posted the letter after making sure at the counter that I put enough postage on it.
And then I waited. 10 days later I received news from my brother that dad had got the letter and he would be replying soon. A couple of days later, when I got up in the morning and as typical of our generation, checked my emails first thing in the morning and what did I see?
Dad had written a long reply in an email.
My dad sickness is compounded by the fact that we cannot talk on phone as his hearing is so much gone now that he cannot hear anything on the phone how much ever I shout. So, he strictly told me to stop calling him!!!(People say that children forget parents and dont call them - here parent is asking children not to call!)
Desperate for a conversation with him, I resorted to the old age means of commumication - letters. I took out quite a lot of the hard pressed to find time and penned down around 4 sheets of fool scap paper. I also put in some colouring done by Adrija and some words written by her for Nana. I escaped from office for an hour, drove 3 miles to the post office and posted the letter after making sure at the counter that I put enough postage on it.
And then I waited. 10 days later I received news from my brother that dad had got the letter and he would be replying soon. A couple of days later, when I got up in the morning and as typical of our generation, checked my emails first thing in the morning and what did I see?
Dad had written a long reply in an email.
No comments:
Post a Comment