So, I am back again to what I frequently do these days- waiting for my flight. When I decided to come to Phoenix one of my main considerations was that it was within easy distance of Austin- a mere two hours flight. This is considered a very easy distance in this huge country where you can take a whole day in flying from one coast to another if you factor in the connections.
Well, I have taken full advantage of this easy distance and I have now flown the Phoenix Austin sector so many times that I am on first name basis with the security folks, southwest folks and Starbucks. In fact today only Mary Ann from the Paradise Bakery invited me to her son's wedding. These people wait for Thursday just to watch me waiting for my flight. And same goes for Austin airport every Tuesday morning. And all the parking lots companies are murdering each other in the competition to secure a regular customer like me. And the southwest A list ain't that far either.
What do I do for the hours I spend at the airports? Phoenix library system has been looking at my borrowing history suspiciously. There have been whispers of my sub letting their books and making a nice profit! It's good in a way for me- I can read my books without any guilt of not giving time to other people and without my sister bugging me to leave these books and study for some certification. But today, I decided to check my iPhone's blogging capability or rather whether it would be able to keep up with my writing speed. ( thunderous applause).
I realize now what it is to travel so frequently just to meet someone and spend the little time over weekends together. It is very hectic and taxing both physically and mentally. I am just sorry that I did not appreciate the effort put into it when somebody was doing it for me without complaining even once. I wish I could go back and at least acknowledge it once. But that is life as we all know.
There is one good thing about the whole thing. My Beetle gets the taste of long drives on the freeway and I am now fiends with all exits and potholes in the 30 miles between home and airport. Got to run now- my boarding has started. Ciao!
Well, I have taken full advantage of this easy distance and I have now flown the Phoenix Austin sector so many times that I am on first name basis with the security folks, southwest folks and Starbucks. In fact today only Mary Ann from the Paradise Bakery invited me to her son's wedding. These people wait for Thursday just to watch me waiting for my flight. And same goes for Austin airport every Tuesday morning. And all the parking lots companies are murdering each other in the competition to secure a regular customer like me. And the southwest A list ain't that far either.
What do I do for the hours I spend at the airports? Phoenix library system has been looking at my borrowing history suspiciously. There have been whispers of my sub letting their books and making a nice profit! It's good in a way for me- I can read my books without any guilt of not giving time to other people and without my sister bugging me to leave these books and study for some certification. But today, I decided to check my iPhone's blogging capability or rather whether it would be able to keep up with my writing speed. ( thunderous applause).
I realize now what it is to travel so frequently just to meet someone and spend the little time over weekends together. It is very hectic and taxing both physically and mentally. I am just sorry that I did not appreciate the effort put into it when somebody was doing it for me without complaining even once. I wish I could go back and at least acknowledge it once. But that is life as we all know.
There is one good thing about the whole thing. My Beetle gets the taste of long drives on the freeway and I am now fiends with all exits and potholes in the 30 miles between home and airport. Got to run now- my boarding has started. Ciao!
No comments:
Post a Comment