Wednesday, November 07, 2012

Yay!

The Democrats won! Go Obama!

After a long time, I have followed an election this closely, right from the time the Repulicans nominated candidates and the conventions happened. It was an added bonus that this was one of the few topics of common interest and hence conversation between me and husband. So much that we had to go out for our anniversary dinner on the day of the last debate but we finished quickly and listened to the debate on the radio. We rooted for Obama all the way (our note being voters being immaterial) and we are so glad he won!

On a serious note, I would like to meet people who are from our generation and educational background and vote republican. I am sure that Texas will be full of such people but I dont discuss politics with my colleagues. I would dearly love to know why they vote the way they do! I would also like to meet women who vote republican - and them I would like to question too! (maybe it is good that I dont discuss politics in office). Maybe they vote republican because they grew up in that and are influenced by their older generations (I was well into my twenties before I finally gave up on the Congress party).

But yes, like all things American, this hoopla was fun!

No comments: