Ok, now that 300 celebrations are out of the way, back to what I was writing in the first place.
I was reading this book from the Kindle free books section (generally the books are pretty bakwaas but they are free and help to pass the time in the office. One of the perks of unrestricted network is kindle app and facebook on office laptop).
So, the woman is a single mom and she gets laid off due to recesssion and has to move in with her mom. Grandma takes care of the kid while mom works two jobs (receptionist and office cleaner) to make ends meet. She is not able to afford insurance which would cover an urgent operation required for her son. She works a third job in catering and a high society lady creates a scene during one of these dinners which gets the heroine fired from her job. The high society lady's fiance feels bad and offers the heroine a public relations job at his investment banking firm.
At her new job, the heroine gets an advance on her paycheck because she does not have any money and is wondering how to pay her credit card bill. She also needs clothes and goes to shop at Macy's when she gets the advance. She tells her friend that since she did not have any money she shopped from Macy's clearance racks. I almost laughed out loud. I shop from Macy's clearance racks when I feel like splurging! Even in clearance they dont have anything below 50-60$.
Thats perspective for you - they shop clearance when they dont have money and are struggling with credit card debt. We shop clearance when we have the money to spend. And I see this difference everyday in normal life.
Now you know why I did not want this to be a landmark post.
I was reading this book from the Kindle free books section (generally the books are pretty bakwaas but they are free and help to pass the time in the office. One of the perks of unrestricted network is kindle app and facebook on office laptop).
So, the woman is a single mom and she gets laid off due to recesssion and has to move in with her mom. Grandma takes care of the kid while mom works two jobs (receptionist and office cleaner) to make ends meet. She is not able to afford insurance which would cover an urgent operation required for her son. She works a third job in catering and a high society lady creates a scene during one of these dinners which gets the heroine fired from her job. The high society lady's fiance feels bad and offers the heroine a public relations job at his investment banking firm.
At her new job, the heroine gets an advance on her paycheck because she does not have any money and is wondering how to pay her credit card bill. She also needs clothes and goes to shop at Macy's when she gets the advance. She tells her friend that since she did not have any money she shopped from Macy's clearance racks. I almost laughed out loud. I shop from Macy's clearance racks when I feel like splurging! Even in clearance they dont have anything below 50-60$.
Thats perspective for you - they shop clearance when they dont have money and are struggling with credit card debt. We shop clearance when we have the money to spend. And I see this difference everyday in normal life.
Now you know why I did not want this to be a landmark post.
No comments:
Post a Comment