Thursday, January 31, 2013

F. Thought #7 - Speak Up

Read somewhere (in some book - do not remember the name now)

"You have the right to be angry or depressed but don't close yourself off. Always speak your mind. Even if your voice sahkes while you do it, always speak your mind."

For someone who is called "strong", I realize that now I hesitate to speak my mind - in fact hesitate is not a good word - I rarely ever speak my mind now, except in front of good friends. I miss that aspect of my character because I agree with what is written above. You need to speak out to keep your mind and heart clean and the head light. Unfortunately, that is one of the first things to go when keeping peace and making relationships work become more important than being true to yourself. Now, I keep myself closed at all times, depressed half of the time and angry with myself and the circumstances in the other half.

I wish I could remember who said these words to whom. I can easily imagine an older figure saying this to their child but it would be great if someone could say this to their other half. And actually be strong enough to mean it.

No comments: