Thursday, January 10, 2013

Frivolous Thought #2 - Blogging Class

I was going through the informal class listings at University of Texas at Austin. I have been thinking of taking some classes on English Lit and I have the advantage of having the famous UT Austin within driving distance and spare evenings.

Anyway, so I came across this listing for introduction to blogging.
http://cie.austin.utexas.edu/informalclasses/index.php/blogging-101/?num=IC13444

The course fee is 50$ for teaching you how to post links, pictures, text? And using widgets? Building an online community?

I wonder who the target audience is? Anyone having basic internet expertise can blog and does not need to pay 50$ to learn it. Anyone not familiar with internet basics probably would not have any clue about blogging and they would not be interested in learning. Even if they did, they would need to first learn internet basics and once they know that, they fall into the first category.

So, who is the target audience? Unless people are willing to pay 50 bucks to meet other people. Slowly I am becoming aware of the magnitude of the problem dating is in this culture. I sincerely hope I am wrong. This is scary.

Edit - While browsing through the site, I came across classes for knowing your Mac and knowing your iPad. Duh? Now this absolutely cannot be a dating device. Good old US of A!

No comments: