Tuesday, June 07, 2011

What's your Rashee?

Another of Bollywood's embarrassments. I knew this movie was not good but was curious for a couple of reasons. I had watched Ashutosh Gowarikar in Kachchi Dhoop recently and really liked it. I also generally like his movies. And this was supposed to be his first comedy - I hope he doesnt really do much more of this. Secondly, I wanted to see and understand how Priyanka Chopra manages 12 different personalities.

So, friday when Manas "supposedly" had a lot of work in office and went back to finish it after dropping me home, I tried to utilize the time by downloading this movie on netflix. I was able to watch the full movie only because I did it in small doses over the three day weekend. I dont think I would have survived the whole movie in one go. I think the movie became what it is mainly because of Harman Baweja. If he were able to act even marginally better or I should say if he were able to act (period), the movie might have been watchable. Priyanka Chopra was good in most of the roles. Jitu bhai and Devu Kaka were very realistic.
The story ended really abruptly and I did not really understand why it happened the way it did. Also, there were many many songs (one for each girl he meets and then some) out of which only a couple were a bit memorable.

Looking forward to watching some good hindi movie soon.

No comments: