So my sister wanted to go to a conference in San Diego. Problem that it was for almost 4 days (Mon morning - thurs evening) and she was not sure how it would work with the children. Neither of them had been without her for one full day (or rather night). Moreover Simba sleeps with her. Although Beth does everything with me, she still needs her parents in the background.
Well, we decided to give it a try. I changed my Austin ticket so that I would return on Sun night. Next day she went away. I returned from office a bit early (done more easily as I always have to wait for her in the evening) and made dinner. Then when the kids came they wanted to go to the park. I took them and we had fun. However, once dinner and milk was over and it was time to sleep, I took both to my room with some trepidation. Till now neither had mentioned mom but this moment for ripe for tears. I also had a call from 10.00pm. As soon as lights were off Simba asked for his mom as usual. Helplessley, I told him that aaj Mayu ke sath so jao and I was more surprised than relived that he actually did that! Beth just asked what were conferences and both went off to sleep!!
Next day in office nobody believed that both kids were perfectly fine and did not ask for there mother at all. There were dire predictions that one day was ok but they would definitely create scenes the next day. So, I was very scared as I had no clue how I would handle such a situation. And wonders of all, neither asked about their mom and both went to sleep with again quite easily with some stories about monsters!
So we passed the 4 days quite easily. Even when jijaji had a fight with both on wednesday they came to me to complain and did not ask about their mom. There mom was pretty depressed however and she said that they were missing her but did not know how to express it. Jijajia reminded her after she returned that they very well express their feelings when they miss Kumar uncle or Mayu!!!
Whatever the kids did or did not do, the two grown ups in the house did miss her and we are happy that she is back.
Well, we decided to give it a try. I changed my Austin ticket so that I would return on Sun night. Next day she went away. I returned from office a bit early (done more easily as I always have to wait for her in the evening) and made dinner. Then when the kids came they wanted to go to the park. I took them and we had fun. However, once dinner and milk was over and it was time to sleep, I took both to my room with some trepidation. Till now neither had mentioned mom but this moment for ripe for tears. I also had a call from 10.00pm. As soon as lights were off Simba asked for his mom as usual. Helplessley, I told him that aaj Mayu ke sath so jao and I was more surprised than relived that he actually did that! Beth just asked what were conferences and both went off to sleep!!
Next day in office nobody believed that both kids were perfectly fine and did not ask for there mother at all. There were dire predictions that one day was ok but they would definitely create scenes the next day. So, I was very scared as I had no clue how I would handle such a situation. And wonders of all, neither asked about their mom and both went to sleep with again quite easily with some stories about monsters!
So we passed the 4 days quite easily. Even when jijaji had a fight with both on wednesday they came to me to complain and did not ask about their mom. There mom was pretty depressed however and she said that they were missing her but did not know how to express it. Jijajia reminded her after she returned that they very well express their feelings when they miss Kumar uncle or Mayu!!!
Whatever the kids did or did not do, the two grown ups in the house did miss her and we are happy that she is back.
No comments:
Post a Comment