Thursday, May 26, 2011

Lessons Learnt

There are times in our lives when we are tested and how we react to the situation is what defines us. I have had my share of such times and I am going through one now. I would like to think that my handling of this situation is a bit better compared to how I behaved earlier. This time I am not going into the depression fits I used to have. Earlier my brain used to tell me that I should be able to handle every situation but my heart would not keep up with my brain. I would think that I was helpless in face of things I could not control.

I still think that I am helpless in face of things I cannot control but now I believe that maybe I can focus on things I can control. Biggest change is that I have now given into believing in destiny. Now that I accept that I cannot change my destiny, the turmoil in my mind that rebelled against my destiny has cooled off and I am more at peace. I dont have to face "Why am I doing this" everyday.

I wouldnt say that the end result has become better. My problems are still there and they are still not close to getting solved but my road has become better. Now I am not battling against myself. And thank god, I dont have to deal with depression!

Is this change because of "lessons learnt" or just because when you are raising two kids you do not have time to introspect or think? You have to just try to get through each day.

Maybe. Maybe not.

P.S. - I have got a chance. Lets see if my destiny helps me to grab and make use of it.

No comments: