As a rule we generally eat at home. This is because I like going to new places and trying new cuisines while my husband prefers Indian food - that too at a couple of restaurants we like. Since we dont have a common ground on this, I generally prefer cooking. It avoids a lot of disagreement and calories.
But yesterday, I had a sudden whim of going to a nice restaurant for dinner. 'Nice' restaurant generally means non Indian cuisine since Indian restaurants are invariably shady places though the food maybe good. And thus started the confusion. He wanted to go to the couple of Indian restaurants we always go to - I wanted to go to a new Italian restaurant I had been reading about.
We finally compromised by going to new Indian place. His compromise - new place. My compromise - shady place and Indian food. Well, I got to go to try a new eatery at least.
Note - I have been getting feedback that it is time for me to move to 'Jwalamukhi' phase.
Another Note - The restaurant 'Bombay Express' was just ok - better than what I had expected in terms of space and cleanliness. Samosas were good. Sambar left much to be desired.
But yesterday, I had a sudden whim of going to a nice restaurant for dinner. 'Nice' restaurant generally means non Indian cuisine since Indian restaurants are invariably shady places though the food maybe good. And thus started the confusion. He wanted to go to the couple of Indian restaurants we always go to - I wanted to go to a new Italian restaurant I had been reading about.
We finally compromised by going to new Indian place. His compromise - new place. My compromise - shady place and Indian food. Well, I got to go to try a new eatery at least.
Note - I have been getting feedback that it is time for me to move to 'Jwalamukhi' phase.
Another Note - The restaurant 'Bombay Express' was just ok - better than what I had expected in terms of space and cleanliness. Samosas were good. Sambar left much to be desired.
No comments:
Post a Comment