Yes, you read it right. While reading random blogs (since my friends refuse to update theirs), I came across an advertisement for Wedding Insurances! I wondered what that was - the obvious explanation dint seem to fit it. My interest piqued, I instantly googled for it - and this is what I found.
Wedding insurance protects a couple's investment from circumstances beyond their control, and reimburses expenses incurred! It covers stuff from damaged gown, tuxedos, no show of limo, florist, musician, problems in the reception - quite a lot of the hundred things that go wrong with weddings and for which you pay additonally. Specific things would be related to the site, weather, vendor and military.
God bless America - here only you can think of insuring such things!
Some examples:
-on wedding day, their reception site is made inaccessible by an ice storm.
-What if your reception space goes out of business a month before the wedding, and you lose your deposit and have to book another space?
-what if the groom's custom-made tuxedo is lost in airport baggage, and he has to buy a new one the day before the wedding?
In case you are wondering what I was thinking of when I referred to 'the most obvious explanation' above - I was thinking of the most frequent problems in weddings now - the choice of partners. What if I realize a couple of years that I dont really want to be married to this man? Unfortunately, "change of heart" (before or after the ceremony) is specifically excluded. I would say that this unforseen(?) calamity is the one with the highest and most far reaching impact (financial, emotional, pshychological) and needs to be covered. Considering the number of wrong choices people make (esp in America), this business would find a lot of customers though I wonder about how much profit it would generate considering that the divorce rate would go even further up.
On a related note - What I would have not given to have 'Relationship Insurance' when I was young! The money would have been a much soothing balm to sorely bruised heart, mind, purse and ego. Instead we had to make our hearts harder as a sort of automatic insurance.
Wedding insurance protects a couple's investment from circumstances beyond their control, and reimburses expenses incurred! It covers stuff from damaged gown, tuxedos, no show of limo, florist, musician, problems in the reception - quite a lot of the hundred things that go wrong with weddings and for which you pay additonally. Specific things would be related to the site, weather, vendor and military.
God bless America - here only you can think of insuring such things!
Some examples:
-on wedding day, their reception site is made inaccessible by an ice storm.
-What if your reception space goes out of business a month before the wedding, and you lose your deposit and have to book another space?
-what if the groom's custom-made tuxedo is lost in airport baggage, and he has to buy a new one the day before the wedding?
In case you are wondering what I was thinking of when I referred to 'the most obvious explanation' above - I was thinking of the most frequent problems in weddings now - the choice of partners. What if I realize a couple of years that I dont really want to be married to this man? Unfortunately, "change of heart" (before or after the ceremony) is specifically excluded. I would say that this unforseen(?) calamity is the one with the highest and most far reaching impact (financial, emotional, pshychological) and needs to be covered. Considering the number of wrong choices people make (esp in America), this business would find a lot of customers though I wonder about how much profit it would generate considering that the divorce rate would go even further up.
On a related note - What I would have not given to have 'Relationship Insurance' when I was young! The money would have been a much soothing balm to sorely bruised heart, mind, purse and ego. Instead we had to make our hearts harder as a sort of automatic insurance.
No comments:
Post a Comment