Since the 'Patterns in my Kaleidoscope' seem to have become static - it is no longer much of a real kaleidoscope. Friends seem to be struggling with changes in career, relationships, locations. Those who were single got married, married people are having babies, and people with babies are now dealing with toddlers. I think that my blog also needs a change. Thinking about it.
Note - Almost all my friends now have babies. Somehow I struggled to get in with the pack by getting married and crossing over the line ahead of the few bigger stragglers than me. And before I have time to pat myself on the back, I see that I now belong to the minority of those without kids. Well, I have time as long as I am a 'minority' and not 'endangered'.
Another Note - While you were single, you could always count on some group or the other of similar people with whom you could hang out and have fun. Or always have the option of staying at home.Once you are married, you dont have either of these options. It is always everything with your spouse. Single people have the fun of diversity while you can!
Note - Almost all my friends now have babies. Somehow I struggled to get in with the pack by getting married and crossing over the line ahead of the few bigger stragglers than me. And before I have time to pat myself on the back, I see that I now belong to the minority of those without kids. Well, I have time as long as I am a 'minority' and not 'endangered'.
Another Note - While you were single, you could always count on some group or the other of similar people with whom you could hang out and have fun. Or always have the option of staying at home.Once you are married, you dont have either of these options. It is always everything with your spouse. Single people have the fun of diversity while you can!
No comments:
Post a Comment